top of page
Policy & Risks
Risk mitigation stratigies and policies with Covid19
The safety of our guests and staff remains our top priority. Having reviewed the recommendations from the Welsh & UK government, as well as the Association of Mountaineering instructors, we have the following measures in place to reduce the risk associated with spreading Covid19.
Covid19 - Policy
Covid Booking terms and conditions
1 - Symptoms: All course participants & staff will monitor for Covid19 symptoms prior to attending the course.
1.1 - Any guest with Covid symptoms must not attend unless they have a negative PCR test. Guests with a positive PCR test may reschedule free of charge to an alternative, mutually agreed date within two years of course cancellation.
1.2 - Guests who arrive with active Covid symptoms without a negative PCR test result, will not be allowed to participate in their course, and it will be too late to receive a refund or reschedule.
2 - Course Cancellation Should your instructor test positive for Covid, then, where possible, a suitable replacement instructor will be hired, and were not possible, due to lack of availability, then the course will need to be canceled and all guests will receive a full refund or an alternative date depending on which they prefer.
2.1- Should the course need to be canceled due to Government restrictions, then guests will be invited to reschedule their course to an alternative date, free of extra charge.
3 - Covid Mitigation recommendations - Guests should understand & accept that it is not possible to completely mitigate for the risk of Covid transmission during our courses.
3.1 - Participants and staff are invited to maintain good personal hygiene; such as hand washing and the use of alcohol gel, and refraining from using their mouth to hold climbing protection, whilst climbing.
3.2 - Optional mitigation strategies: Should guests wish for any of the following optional mitigation strategies to be implemented, then it's important that they indicate this prior to the course commencement: i) To meet in an Outdoor location (and avoid meeting in an indoor cafe), ii) for their instructor to wear a surgical face mask iii) to use separate vehicles.
3.3 - Guests and instructors equally are invited to discuss their preferred mitigation strategies, such as mask-wearing, and should either party prefer it, then this will be the default for the whole group.
3.4 - Theoretically the risk for Covid transmission during our courses should be relatively low, due to the low teaching ratios and the outdoor environment. If you feel we should be doing something differently, then please say.
bottom of page